HostGator is undoubtedly one of the best web hosts in the business. It is very much popular for its shared hosting and is a powerful web host which is serving millions of servers across the world. They have the best web hosting solutions from shared hosting to cloud. It was founded in 2002 by Brent Oxley.
Hostgator is based in Houston along with its office located in Austin, Texas. This web host is most commonly used host for maximum number of websites. They have various international offices across the globe which makes the functioning and customer support more flexible.
In 2012, HostGator was acquired by Endurance International Group and many customers have been warning about the decline in the performance of HostGator after EID acquired it.
Plans and Pricing of HostGator
HostGator has been focusing a lot on selling shared hosting plans, even though they also offer VPS and Dedicated plans too. The three plans are-
Hatchling hosting plan offers one domain while the other two plans offer unlimited domains and unlimited websites. In case of Business plans, you can make use of Dedicated IP address and also SSL certificate which helps in protecting your website always.
Pros of Using HostGator
- User friendly web hosting and easy management of the websites.
- Specialisation in WordPress hosting and various packages under it.
- Great uptime.
- With SSL certificate, you can always be ensured about the safety and security of your website. This will make sure that all the transmissions are encrypted between your hosted website and other browsers.
- Tools for easy and creative website designing and scripting.
- Very reliable web host and also one of the web hosting giants in the business.
- 45-day money back guarantee is the best feature here and other web hosts just provide 30-day money back guarantee.
- Good hosting plans which include unlimited, reseller, VPS and Dedicated web hosting services.
- Windows, VPS, Windows dedicated hosting are powered by Plesk web site hosting control panel.
- Some of the added package offerings are basic SSL certificate and also $100 credit for Google AdWords and Bing advertising. With this, you can set up your own campaigns and help in monetizing your own website.
- Powered by cPanel which helps in building an excellent and efficient website.
- You can quickly install several apps with the help of Quick App Installer.
- Amazing customer support for all the clients and customers out there. There are options like live chat, phone support and also email support 24/7/365 days.
- Free site builder and SiteStudio website building tools.
- Availability of PHP, MySQL, SSH access for all the advanced users and clients.
- There are more than 4500 free website templates which helps in making your website creative and unique.
- HostGator meets all BBB online participation and membership standards.
- It is slightly expensive but its absolutely worth it because of its high-tech performance and operation.
- Hostgator provides you with 99.9%uptime guarantee.
- Forbes has rated this web host as the fastest growing hosting company in the world.
- Provides Eco-friendly green web hosting services and helps to protect our environment.
Cons of using HostGator
- Customer support must be improvised
- There are certain server response issues at times
HostGator has got some best hosting plans which come with great promotion rates too. The performance of the host is pretty well and the features of the hosting plans are really convincing.
The lack of bandwidth and less storage facilities are not so impressive features and must be checked onto by HostGator. But, if you are someone who is looking out for an affordable shared hosting without any havoc and problems, then HostGator can be your web host.
And, the next best alternative could be Interserver!Please wait while you are redirected...or Click Here if you do not want to wait.